Tuesday 20 September 2011

Old Friends

One of the really nice parts of being a cake decorator is that your friends and family come to you for cake. Come to think of it... that isn't always a good thing, lol! Regardless, I get to be part of alot of celebrations with a lot of people I like. A while back, an old friend contacted me. We hadn't talked in years, but she asked me to make her wedding cake. I was honored to do it. And it was a wonderful opportunity for us to reconnect. I wish I had more time in everyday, so I could see all of the people I want to see, and do all the things I want to do. Miss Izzyboo's cake was one of the first wedding cakes i did. I usually like to make everything edible, but she had a topper already. It helped that her cake topper was adorable. I loved the princess and the frog idea. I immediately wanted to do lily pads! And I was so glad she didn't want to stack the tiers, they looked so pretty next to each other. I love when brides have some fun with the cake !


Cakes have brought lots of awesome new people into my life, but I am so grateful for how it brings old friends around to reconnect too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment